Friday, April 1, 2011

What type of job besides teaching could a teacher with a certificate in Human Resource Management find


What type of job besides teaching could a teacher with a certificate in Human Resource Management find?
I am a veteran teacher with a Master's in School Administration and Supervision and I am thinking about getting a certificate in Human Resource Management. Are there any good jobs with this combination. For a little more info my Bachelor's degree is in Earth Science/ Secondary Education
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos021.htm


2
Speaking as someone who's been a college instructor, subbed in the public schools, and has human resource training, let me say this. Many human resource departments have people who conduct training. For example, new employee seminars. Sometimes, you may have to update people on policy changes, a situation that has developed that people need to know about so it doesn't happen again. And you may conduct training sessions on benefit policies and options. In other words, within HR, there's training that's done. So your HR and teaching background would definitely fit in nicely here. Years ago, I interviewed for one of these spots, but at that time, I didn't have my HR Certificate. So I had the teaching background, but not the HR. Yet, they did seriously consider me and did interview me. And if you wanted to get out of the teaching realm entirely, you could look into jobs like HR Assistant or Generalist. These are the entry-level spots that are basically admin support--Admin Asst in the HR department.

0 comments:

Post a Comment