Saturday, September 15, 2012

I have a bachelors in Psychology, would getting a Masters in Human Resource Management make sence


I have a bachelors in Psychology, would getting a Masters in Human Resource Management make sence?
I want to get out of Psychology, this seems like a fit, but I'm having doubts. I was thinking of attending Baker, not online.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
You can get your master's in whatever you want, it doesn't have to reflect your bachelor's, as long as any prerequisites are met. That being said, I could see a degree in Psych being incredibly useful for a career in Human Resources. Makes sense to me.


2
Yes, it makes sense as concepts from Psychology are used everyday in Human Resource Management. Just make sure that you fulfill the prerequisites needed early on in your Master's Program. Another related option, since you already have your Bachelor Degree in Psychology, would be to get a Master's Degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. These people work hand in hand with HR personnel, oftentimes writing up tests used to determine who would be the best candidate for the job, how to boost company morale, how to boost productivity, etc. Look at the website below for further information on this Degree and Career Path.

0 comments:

Post a Comment